Welcome!

Recruiting Anime Bloggers! For more Information click here:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Ep 5

Sunday, August 9, 2009



Summary:

Mirai, Mari and Yuuki take shelter at Mirai's school where they meet a kind elderly man who is volunteering to help people; with his wife who's in shock - not wanting to believe her grandchildren were killed and happens to mistakes Yuuki and Mirai as her grandchildren and witnessing Mirai's classmate mourning her mother's death in the school's church where Mirai originally wanted to show her brother the beautiful stained glass.


Impression:

I'm not sure how I should summarize this since nothing intense or dramatic happened. But this episode was definitely an emotional trigger. As soon as I heard the old man's story about what happened to his grand kids, I couldn't stop crying - actually to be truthful I really started my teary moments when I first saw Mirai's classmate.
Out of all the 5 episodes so far, since is the most emotional one yet. There were no shivers nor goosebumps, nor dramatic suspense. This episode I found was dedicated to those who would die in such circumstances (which is a terrible thing, if only we were able to built our city's structures to hang in through these kinds of earthquakes, not as many lives would be taken.)
Since I'm a very emotional person who'd cry to just about anything that is...well, emotional, or at least considered sad - well as expected I cried and had to keep on wiping my tears away since it was making my vision blur and I couldn't read the subtitles.

Tokyo Magnitude, if you haven't started watching it yet - I highly recommend it to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not spam, swear, or do or say anything disrespectful.